Pui Shak (Spinach)
₹10.00 – ₹32.00
Spinach is a superfood. It’s loaded with tons of nutrients in a low-calorie package. Leafy green vegetables like spinach are important for skin, hair, and bone health. They also provide protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals.
A cup of raw spinach contains:
- 7 calories
- 0.86 grams (g) of protein
- 30 milligrams (mg) of calcium
- 0.81 g of iron
- 24 mg of magnesium
- 167 mg potassium
- 2,813 interational units (IU) of vitamin A
- 58 micrograms of folic acid
Spinach also contains vitamin K, fiber, phosphorous, and thiamine. Most of the calories in spinach come from protein and carbohydrates.
Benefits of Spinach (Pui Shak)
- Diabetes management
- Cancer prevention
- Asthma prevention
- Lowering blood pressure
- Bone health
- Promotes digestive regularity
- Healthy skin and hair
Diet Plan with Spinach
Spinach is a versatile vegetable and can be eaten raw or cooked. It is available fresh, frozen, or canned. Here are some tips to try to incorporate more spinach into a daily routine:
- Add spinach to pasta, soups, and casseroles.
- Lightly sauté the spinach in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add spinach to a wrapper, sandwich, or flatbread.
- Take a dip with spinach, such as spinach and artichokes or spinach and goat cheese.
- Add a handful of fresh spinach to an omelet or stir, or toss a handful into a smoothie.
Side Effect of Eating Spinach (Pui Shak)
If someone is taking blood thinners, such as warfarin, it is important that they do not suddenly start changing the amount of food they eat that contains vitamin K, which plays an important role in blood clotting. Consuming too much potassium can be harmful to those whose kidneys are not fully functional.
If the kidneys are unable to remove excess potassium from the blood, it could be fatal. It is important that people with kidney problems do not consume dangerous levels of potassium. Spinach is best consumed as part of a nutritious and complete diet.
Please note that fresh fruit and vegetable items will be billed based on exact weight during order processing. In case the actual weight exceeds the requested weight, we will bill only for the ordered value.
250gm, 500gm, 1 k.g